Choc Peanut Protein Balls
- 1 ½ cups oats
- + ½ cup extra oats
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut or almond butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- Grind 1 ½ cups of oats into a flour using a blender or coffee grinder then set aside in a bowl.
- Combine the peanut butter, oil and vanilla in a small bowl. Mix together until well incorporated.
- Combine the chocolate chips, protein powder and sea salt with the oat flour.
- Mix the liquids and solids together and roll into about 7 small balls. If the balls are too sticky roll in ½ cup remaining whole oats to coat the outside. If the mixture is too dry, add 1-2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk for more moisture and then form into balls.
- Place the rolled balls in the freezer and store until needed.
Nutritional Highlights: When you’re craving sweets, but don’t want to go overboard these protein packed balls are a great sustained energy snack with plenty of quality carbs and healthy fats. Use these to avoid an over-indulgent craving or as a quick breakfast option on the way out the door.