Here is a leaner version of a favorite Italian dish that you can serve up for the whole family. The substitution of mountain bread in place of pasta sheets and the inclusion lean cheese with extra vegetables make this recipe both hearty and healthy. Cook up a batch today and serve it up for days to come.
• 500g lean beef mince
• 3 Rye mountain bread square sheets
• 1 large white onion
• 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
• 1 red capsicum
• 2 carrots
• 6 mushrooms
• 1 can tomatoes
• 250g low fat cottage cheese
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tbsp oregano
• 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 220°C.
2. Then prepare your vegetables: dice the onion, capsicum, mushrooms and grate the carrots.
3. In a pot, with a little olive oil, sauté the onions and capsicums.
4. Then add the carrots and mushrooms and brown.
5. Then add the minced beef and brown on high for 5 minutes.
6. Then add the can of tomatoes, cottage cheese, garlic powder and oregano. Mix well so that beef and tomatoes are separated. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
7. In a square baking dish place the first mountain bread sheet and spoon in the mixture thinly. Play another sheet on top and continue until you use the third sheet.
8. Then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the last layer and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is crisp.