Roasted Vegetable Frittata
This recipe is packed full of protein, tasty veggies and a taste to die for. You can cook up a big batch and keep it in the fridge while you devour a piece of it each day. Your lean breakfasts and lunches are sorted with this recipe!
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh cremini/baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups egg whites, beaten
- 50g goat cheese
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 cup thin red onion wedges
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano, snipped
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 200’C. Lightly grease a 13x9x2 inch baking dish and a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Toss olive oil, onion, capsicum, mushrooms, salt and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. Spoon the mixture evenly into baking pan and roast for 20 minutes (or until the vegetables are tender). Reduce the temperature to 160’C.
- Toss roasted vegetables with the spinach and spread the mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle with pieces of goat cheese and pour the egg whites on top. Bake for 30 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean). Remove from oven and let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with oregano to serve.