Simple Pico de Gallo
This healthy Mexican side dish can be easily paired with most lean protein sources or even consumed by itself as a great snack. It’s full of essential minerals, vitamins and other phytonutrients to bolster your health whilst keeping your waistline in check. Give it a go!
Servings = 2-4
- 2 large fresh tomatoes
- 1 bunch of Cilantro
- 1 red or white onion
- 1 lime
- 1 Jalapeno pepper or other hot pepper
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- First, destem the cilantro and rinse under cold water. Then finely chop cilantro, tomatoes and onion.
- Next, remove the seeds from the jalapeno pepper. Then dice and add to the bowl.
- Cut and squeeze the lime juice over the bowl and cover with 1 pinch of sea salt and mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Use in any place where salsa is normally used and store in airtight container in refrigerator.