Zesty Chicken & Black Bean Burritos
- 2 15-ounce cans of diced tomato
- 2 15-ounce cans of black beans, rinsed
- 200g chicken breast diced
- 1/2 cup dry brown rice
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 2 cups of water or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of salsa
- 1 capsicum, chopped (any color)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp chili pepper
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 limes sliced
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- After rinsing the black beans, dump the beans, chicken, rice, chopped sweet pepper, onion, corn, broth and seasoning into the slow cooker. Stir everything together until mixed well.
- Set your crock pot to med and let the burrito mixture cook for 8 hours.
- Fill whole wheat tortillas with mixture.
- Top with lime, cilantro and nutritional yeast (adds extra protein and delicious cheesy flavor!)
This recipe can be made as a double or triple portion to have lots of leftovers for a busy week.
Nutritional Highlights: The burritos add high protein, along with important vitamin C and sustained energy from slow digesting complex carbs. The nutritional yeast will also boost immunity and offer protection against common colds and flus.